Kanye West‘s father Ray thought he was joking when he named his daughter North.
The ‘Bound 2’ rapper stunned his father when he revealed the moniker he and wife Kim Kardashian had chosen for their baby girl, reported Femalefirst.
- Twitter reacts to Kim Kardashian-Kanye West’s son’s name, ‘Saint’
- Kanye West’s marriage will last forever: step mother
- Kanye West a strict father?
- I love Beck but he doesn’t deserve Grammy: Kanye West
- Kanye West, Kim Kardashian prepare for North’s first birthday?
- Meet Kim Kardashian,Kanye West’s daughter North West
Brenda Bentley, who was previously engaged to Ray and is still a close friend of his, said, “The name North – he thought it was a joke at first. Ray likes it now, they all call her Nori.”
The couple have made no secret of their desire to have more children, and Brenda expects Kanye will want to honour himself if he has a son.
“It will be interesting to see what they name their next child. If it’s a boy, I think it will be Kanye Omari West Jr..”