Troubled pop sensation Justin Bieber was finally granted access to enter the US after his private jet was stopped for several hours while authorities searched the aircraft with sniffer dogs.
The 19-year-old singer has had yet more legal trouble after his private jet was detained at Teterboro Airport for several hours, reported TMZ online.
Bieber was travelling from his native Canada where, just two days ago, he was charged with assaulting a limo driver. And it seems New Jersey law enforcers were taking every precaution when the troubled teen touched down on American soil.
As the aircraft landed, authorities boarded with sniffer dogs and began to search for any illegal substances after they detected an odour of marijuana upon arrival. The plane was carrying Bieber’s father and several others, most likely his entourage, who intended to join in on the Super Bowl festivities.
No contraband or other illegal substances were found but all passengers were escorted to a holding area for questioning before being allowed to leave the airport.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The plane was held by law enforcers for at least 4 hours and Border Protection Officers and US Customs authorities were seen getting off the plane.
The cautionary action comes a week after Bieber was arrested in Miami after local police officers discovered him drag racing in a residential area while under the influence of alcohol and drugs. He was charged with resisting arrest without violence, drag racing, three charges of DUI and driving without a valid license.
The ‘Love Me’ singer is also facing further legal penalties after he was charged with assaulting a limo driver earlier in the week. The incident occurred on Dec 29 last year after he and friends attended Toronto Maple Leafs game.
The attack was triggered by a dispute over the volume of the radio, Bieber wanted the radio louder, and when the driver did not comply, a physical altercation occurred.