Actor Jaden Smith gave a raised-arm salute to rapper Kanye West when he mesmerised audience at the MTV Video Music Awards with his acceptance speech after receiving the Video Vanguard Award.
The 17-year-old “The Pursuit of Happyness” star, who acted in the film alongside his father Will Smith, saluted West keeping his arm raised in the air throughout the speech, reported Entertainment Weekly.
- Jaden Smith wants to work in Bollywood movies; Twitterati give him a teaser
- Ice Cube will vote for Kanye West when he runs for President
- Kanye West eyed to host 2016 MTV VMAs?
- I will run for president in 2020: Kanye West
- Taylor Swift presents Kanye West with VMA, Miley Cyrus bares all
- Tribute,outburst,outrageous oufits at MTV awards function
As the “Four Five” seconds rapper opined on life as a celebrity, feeling guilty over interrupting pop star Taylor Swift in 2009, and what awards shows are even for, the camera repeatedly cut back to Smith who stood stoic with his fist raised.
Later, Smith took to Twitter to cement his support for West, who ended his speech by announcing he would run for president in 2020. “Kanye For President,” the “Karate Kid” actor wrote.