Singer Jack White has broken a world record for fastest studio-to-store release with a time of just under four hours.
White’s label Third Man Records announced that the singer had set out for the history-making feat in honour of Record Store Day, reported Digital Spy.
White was backed by a band featuring Fats Kaplin and Daru Jones and recorded two tracks – ‘Lazaretto’ and a B-side cover of Elvis Presley’s 1969 song ‘Power of My Love’.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
It was then pressed, assembled and made available for sale in stores with the count stopping at 3.55. White personally delivered and sold the records in stores.
“Time! One great record for mankind! #worldsfastestrecord #RSD14 #thirdmanrecords #jackwhite,” Third Man Records posted on Twitter.
Earlier this month, White revealed his attempt to break a Guinness World Record by recording and releasing his track ‘Lazaretto’ on the same day to celebrate International Record Store Day.
‘Lazaretto’ is also the title track for White’s upcoming solo album.