Noted playback singer Richa Sharma says she declines offers to sing for films now because she does not like the current trend of one song being recorded by more than one artiste.
Richa, who has given hits like ‘Sajda’ (‘My Name Is Khan’) and ‘Show Me Your Jalwa’ (‘Aaja Nachle’), says she is wary of singing in Bollywood as even established singers don’t have a say in the songs they record.
“There is this trend of one song being done by many singers and in the end only one version is released and promoted. Once, I announced that this film will have my song but a few days later I got to know that they had gone ahead and released the version sung by some other artiste. I felt like a fool,” Richa told PTI.
Multiple versions of one Bollywood number is a common trend nowadays with makers recording a song with different singers for original, reprised and unplugged styles but Richa feels a song should be exclusive to a singer.
“It is a very bad condition and the time is just not good for us. It makes artistes insecure and for singers like us who are established, it is particularly bad. I feel exclusivity should be there,” the 33-year-old singer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Richa is also not happy with the lyrics of Bollywood songs these days, which are full of nonsensical words and bad writing.
“Lyrics are so dirty now. As a listener I feel repelled. I don’t say songs should have devotional words but it should be something which sounds good to mind and heart but all I see is poor writing,” she said.
The singer might have been away from Bollywood music but she has kept herself busy with concerts and shows, with the latest being Ottawa Jazz festival in Canada, where artistes like Steve Martin and Bobby McFerrin performed.
Richa became the first Indian vocalist to have performed at the 34-year-old festival and she was naturally thrilled.
“It gave me a sense of pride and to see foreigners dance on Bollywood tunes and enjoy the classical music was a high. My performance was loved and I want another artist from our country to be invited next year,” Richa said.
The ‘Mahi Ve’ hitmaker is planning to release her next album in a few months few months which will be followed by a devotional album next year in March.