The 6 Pack Band, touted as India’s first transgender band, has released its debut single “Hum hain happy” along with its music video, which is a cover rendition of American singer Pharrell Williams’s hit song “Happy”.
The band was launched by Yash Raj Films’s youth films wing Y-Films in association with Brooke Bond Red Label. Sonu Nigam launched the band’s single.
The 6 Pack Band has been curated by composer Shameer Tandon and comprises six transgender singers hailing from India’s Hijra community, who will be releasing six songs backed by six music videos.
Actress-producer Anushka Sharma, who introduces the band in their first music video, said in a statement: “I believe that all living beings should be treated with the same respect and dignity. This song is one way to get everyone to tune in to that one thought and beat. Because often where words fail, music speaks.”
Ashish Patil, who heads Y-Films, added: “We truly believe that in spite of all our differences, we all dance to the same beat. Irrespective of caste, creed, religion, economic status and gender. And it is music that brings us all together.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Speaking about the association with the The 6 Pack Band, Brooke Bond Red Label spokesperson Shiva Krishnamurthy said: “Brooke Bond Red Label believes in making the world a more welcoming place by diffusing socially awkward situations. We encourage people to live those little moments that bring us all closer by breaking barriers over a cup of tea.”