The 6 Pack Band, touted as India’s first transgender band, has released its debut single “Hum hain happy” along with its music video, which is a cover rendition of American singer Pharrell Williams’s hit song “Happy”.
The band was launched by Yash Raj Films’s youth films wing Y-Films in association with Brooke Bond Red Label. Sonu Nigam launched the band’s single.
The 6 Pack Band has been curated by composer Shameer Tandon and comprises six transgender singers hailing from India’s Hijra community, who will be releasing six songs backed by six music videos.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Actress-producer Anushka Sharma, who introduces the band in their first music video, said in a statement: “I believe that all living beings should be treated with the same respect and dignity. This song is one way to get everyone to tune in to that one thought and beat. Because often where words fail, music speaks.”
Ashish Patil, who heads Y-Films, added: “We truly believe that in spite of all our differences, we all dance to the same beat. Irrespective of caste, creed, religion, economic status and gender. And it is music that brings us all together.”
Speaking about the association with the The 6 Pack Band, Brooke Bond Red Label spokesperson Shiva Krishnamurthy said: “Brooke Bond Red Label believes in making the world a more welcoming place by diffusing socially awkward situations. We encourage people to live those little moments that bring us all closer by breaking barriers over a cup of tea.”