Music legend Ilayaraja was on Thursday nominated for the Nishagandi Puraskaram by the Kerala government, a minister said.
The 72-year-old maestro is being conferred the honour for his artistic excellence and contribution to the Indian film music industry, state Tourism Minister A.P. Anil Kumar told reporters.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will give away the award on the inaugural day of the eight-day Nishagandi annual dance and music festival to be held here from January 20.
The festival will see performances from sitar player Anoushka Shankar, tabla maestro Zakir Hussain, actress-dancer Hema Malini, Kathak dancers Marami Medhi and her actress daughter Meghranjani, Odissi dancer Ileana Citarisi, and Carnatic vocalist TV Sankaranarayanan.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review