Music legend Ilayaraja was on Thursday nominated for the Nishagandi Puraskaram by the Kerala government, a minister said.
The 72-year-old maestro is being conferred the honour for his artistic excellence and contribution to the Indian film music industry, state Tourism Minister A.P. Anil Kumar told reporters.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will give away the award on the inaugural day of the eight-day Nishagandi annual dance and music festival to be held here from January 20.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The festival will see performances from sitar player Anoushka Shankar, tabla maestro Zakir Hussain, actress-dancer Hema Malini, Kathak dancers Marami Medhi and her actress daughter Meghranjani, Odissi dancer Ileana Citarisi, and Carnatic vocalist TV Sankaranarayanan.