Pop star Justin Bieber says he almost turned his back on his music career after people started to view him as a reality TV star due to his wild behaviour.
The 21-year-old “What Do You Mean?” hitmaker said there was a point over the past three years when he was spiralling out of control when he toyed with throwing it all in, reported Female First.
“For a minute, I was just too in my head, and I just wanted to quit everything. But I knew that was the easy way out. I know I’m meant for this.
“I know God has a greater purpose for me to be in this position. It’s just up to me to take that calling and respect it. It takes integrity to last in this business.”
- Justin Bieber India concert: Sorry singer enthralls India as Bollywood attends in large numbers. See pics, videos
- Will i am always backs Justin Bieber
- Justin Bieber still struggles with fame
- Justin Bieber Roast includes jail jokes, Selena Gomez, gay digs
- Justin Bieber charged with assault in Canada
- Justin Bieber needs help: Ariana Grande
The singer, who has had a number of run-ins with the law since his rise to fame, believes his wild behaviour blocked people’s vision and stopped them from seeing him as a musician and, instead, encouraged them to think of him as a reality TV star.
“I was almost like a reality star, rather than a musician. So I was just giving them ammo and they were feeding into it and I was feeding into it, and I wasn’t caring. I was just like… being a jerk, a little bit,” he said.