Rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh, who has been dubbed as the current singing sensation of Bollywood, says he is glad to have been accepted by the industry but his struggles have not ended yet as he tries to outdo himself every time.
“I am overwhelmed for whatever I have achieved so far. I give the credit to my mother and everyone who has helped me. I do four-five songs a year and I am glad they are liked. I don’t think struggle ever gets over.. it will always be there,” Honey Singh said in an interview.
With string of recent hits like- ‘Chaar Botal Vodka’, ‘Sunny Sunny’, ‘Party All Night’, ‘Lungi Dance’ and others, Honey Singh has managed to make a mark for himself in Bollywood.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“I don’t take my work ever for granted. I still work very hard on every song and try to outdo myself every time,” he said.
The 31-year-old singer-composer, who started his career as a music director in Punjab, has been roped for entertainment channel Star Plus’s new singing reality show ‘India’s Raw Star’.
“When Punjabis all over the world admired my work, there was buzz in Bollywood as well. The team of ‘Cocktail’ (Saif Ali Khan’s film) approached me for ‘Angrezi Beat’ song, which I think was the first step,” he said.
The singer has teamed up with Bollywood biggies like Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Akshay Kumar (with whom he has worked in three films) to deliver superhit songs.
“After ‘Cocktail’, Akshay paaji called me. I am grateful to Shah Rukh Khan for giving me love, respect and opportunity like ‘Lungi Dance’,” Honey said.
On the latest trend of actors and actresses singing their own films, Honey Singh says, it’s a good trend.
“I am happy film stars are singing in their films. I hope to work as a music director for a film where actors will sing all the songs,” he added.
Speaking about ‘India’s Raw Star’, which aims to find ultimate performing artists who can create their own
inimitable style of singing, Honey said they are trying to do something unique in the singing reality show genre.
“I think one who is self-learner is a raw star. When I used to launch singers in Punjab, I never used to fiddle with their originality. With India’s Raw Star, we are trying something unique in the singing reality show genre,” he said, adding, he would like to be an inspirational mentor, guide and a friend for contestants.
The show, which will be hosted by model-actress Gauhar Khan, has reportedly conducted the first ever ‘digital only’ auditions where participants from all over the world sent their video entries, which were personally scanned by Singh and his team.
“We handpicked 10 contestants. Contenders with their unique singing styles will battle it out for the title. They will for the first time sing original songs, written and composed by them,” he said.
‘India’s Raw Star’ goes on air from August 24 on Star Plus.