Rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh, who has been dubbed as the current singing sensation of Bollywood, says he is glad to have been accepted by the industry but his struggles have not ended yet as he tries to outdo himself every time.
“I am overwhelmed for whatever I have achieved so far. I give the credit to my mother and everyone who has helped me. I do four-five songs a year and I am glad they are liked. I don’t think struggle ever gets over.. it will always be there,” Honey Singh said in an interview.
With string of recent hits like- ‘Chaar Botal Vodka’, ‘Sunny Sunny’, ‘Party All Night’, ‘Lungi Dance’ and others, Honey Singh has managed to make a mark for himself in Bollywood.
“I don’t take my work ever for granted. I still work very hard on every song and try to outdo myself every time,” he said.
The 31-year-old singer-composer, who started his career as a music director in Punjab, has been roped for entertainment channel Star Plus’s new singing reality show ‘India’s Raw Star’.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“When Punjabis all over the world admired my work, there was buzz in Bollywood as well. The team of ‘Cocktail’ (Saif Ali Khan’s film) approached me for ‘Angrezi Beat’ song, which I think was the first step,” he said.
The singer has teamed up with Bollywood biggies like Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Akshay Kumar (with whom he has worked in three films) to deliver superhit songs.
“After ‘Cocktail’, Akshay paaji called me. I am grateful to Shah Rukh Khan for giving me love, respect and opportunity like ‘Lungi Dance’,” Honey said.
On the latest trend of actors and actresses singing their own films, Honey Singh says, it’s a good trend.
“I am happy film stars are singing in their films. I hope to work as a music director for a film where actors will sing all the songs,” he added.
Speaking about ‘India’s Raw Star’, which aims to find ultimate performing artists who can create their own
inimitable style of singing, Honey said they are trying to do something unique in the singing reality show genre.
“I think one who is self-learner is a raw star. When I used to launch singers in Punjab, I never used to fiddle with their originality. With India’s Raw Star, we are trying something unique in the singing reality show genre,” he said, adding, he would like to be an inspirational mentor, guide and a friend for contestants.
The show, which will be hosted by model-actress Gauhar Khan, has reportedly conducted the first ever ‘digital only’ auditions where participants from all over the world sent their video entries, which were personally scanned by Singh and his team.
“We handpicked 10 contestants. Contenders with their unique singing styles will battle it out for the title. They will for the first time sing original songs, written and composed by them,” he said.
‘India’s Raw Star’ goes on air from August 24 on Star Plus.