Singer Janet Jackson has refuted reports that she is suffering from throat cancer.
The 49-year-old singer addressed the rumours that she had cancelled recent tour dates due to cancer, in a video statement posted on her Twitter page, reported the Billboard.
The video began first with a scrolling Star Wars-style text clip that first ran through the lyrics of her Unbreakable track “The Great Forever” with fitting lines such as, “Sources say but where ya gettin’ it / Don’t create the truth you like.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Following, she wrote, “Remember … believe it when you hear it from my lips. I do not have cancer. I’m recovering. My doctors have approved my concerts as scheduled in Europe, and as I promised, the postponed shows will be rescheduled.” She concluded the message, “Thank you for your prayers and love.”
- Janet Jackson delays tour; planning family, ordered to rest
- Janet Jackson postpones world tour
- Janet Jackson to undergo surgery, postpones Unbreakable tour
- Janet Jackson releases comeback single 'No Sleeep'
- Janet Jackson has no time for 'X-Factor'
- Janet cancels Japan tour due to global "economic crisis"
Last month, Jackson announced she was postponing her Unbreakable World Tour until the spring to undergo surgery.
Following a number of cancellations previously, the tour had been scheduled to resume on January 9 at Denver’s Pepsi Center. It was the pop icon’s first tour since 2011.
Jackson’s latest album, “Unbreakable”, recently topped the Billboard 200 chart, making her the third act to earn Number 1 albums in each of the last four decades.