Singer Janet Jackson has refuted reports that she is suffering from throat cancer.
The 49-year-old singer addressed the rumours that she had cancelled recent tour dates due to cancer, in a video statement posted on her Twitter page, reported the Billboard.
The video began first with a scrolling Star Wars-style text clip that first ran through the lyrics of her Unbreakable track “The Great Forever” with fitting lines such as, “Sources say but where ya gettin’ it / Don’t create the truth you like.”
Following, she wrote, “Remember … believe it when you hear it from my lips. I do not have cancer. I’m recovering. My doctors have approved my concerts as scheduled in Europe, and as I promised, the postponed shows will be rescheduled.” She concluded the message, “Thank you for your prayers and love.”
- Janet Jackson delays tour; planning family, ordered to rest
- Janet Jackson postpones world tour
- Janet Jackson to undergo surgery, postpones Unbreakable tour
- Janet Jackson, P Diddy pay tribute to Aaliyah on 14th death anniversary
- Janet Jackson releases comeback single 'No Sleeep'
- Janet Jackson misses brother Michael Jackson
Last month, Jackson announced she was postponing her Unbreakable World Tour until the spring to undergo surgery.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Following a number of cancellations previously, the tour had been scheduled to resume on January 9 at Denver’s Pepsi Center. It was the pop icon’s first tour since 2011.
Jackson’s latest album, “Unbreakable”, recently topped the Billboard 200 chart, making her the third act to earn Number 1 albums in each of the last four decades.