Popular singer Remo Fernandes, currently in controversy for allegedly verbally abusing a minor in Goa, will be honoured during the five-day Sabarmati festival in Ahmedabad.
“Many Gujaratis, who have got acclaim at both international and national levels like Asha Parekh, Shiamak Davar, Remo Fernandes — who few may know went to college here, are coming to the event,” said Amitabh Shah, founder of a city-based NGO, Yuva Unstoppable, associated with the festival, at a press conference on Saturday (January 2).
The Sabarmati festival, a cultural extravaganza, would held between January 6 and January 10 at the riverfront exhibition centre and other venues. It would be inaugurated by CM Anandiben Patel. “During the festival, three award programmes — Namankit awards, Agnyankit awards and Samarpit awards — will be held. Many eminent Gujaratis from Asha Parekh, Remo Fernandes, Shiamak Davar, JD Majethia to Gaurang Vyas will be decorated with these awards,” stated a press release. Helen D’Souza, 17, was hit by a vehicle allegedly driven by Jonah, son of singer Remo Fernandes, near St Francis Church in old Goa on January 1. Since then, Helen’s family has accused Remo of verbal abuse, which he denied.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP