Popular Punjabi rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh who is currently exploring the West for musical opportunities and has no time at the moment for Bollywood and the Indian entertainment industry is poised to make an exception to his current no-desi-tunes rule. He would be composing and recording a song for the new Miss India, Koyal Rana.
In a hush-hush move the enfant-terrible of desi rap has been roped in to shoot a music video with Miss India.
Says Honey Singh, “That is a commitment I made before my current paschim-yatra (Westside journey) started. I was a judge at the Miss India pageant and after the winner was selected I was to do a song and music video with her.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
He has also done a song for the upcomiung film Gabbar. “Even the song that I did for Sanjay Leeela Bhansali’s Gabbar is an old number. But working with Mr Bhansali was a dream come true.”
Yo Yo has written a rap number about his new association with Sanjay Bhansali. “When I was child I saw the Ram Leela performed on stage. Now there is the film Ram Leela and its maker actually wanted me to do a song for Akshay Kumar in Gabbar. Akshay was one of the first Bollywood A-listers to believe in me. We jelled before we jammed together.”
For now there is only the song with the new Miss India.
Quite a long way to come for a rapper who till a year back was being accused of being anti-women.
Apparently the number that Honey Singh plans with Miss India would be completely cleaned out. It would not have a hint of naughtiness, not even one suggestive word.
“I always maintained I’m a good simple boy from Punjab. Some chose not to believe me. Now the same people are happy to work with me. Waqt waqt ki baat hai,” says Honey Singh.