Popular Punjabi rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh who is currently exploring the West for musical opportunities and has no time at the moment for Bollywood and the Indian entertainment industry is poised to make an exception to his current no-desi-tunes rule. He would be composing and recording a song for the new Miss India, Koyal Rana.
In a hush-hush move the enfant-terrible of desi rap has been roped in to shoot a music video with Miss India.
Says Honey Singh, “That is a commitment I made before my current paschim-yatra (Westside journey) started. I was a judge at the Miss India pageant and after the winner was selected I was to do a song and music video with her.”
He has also done a song for the upcomiung film Gabbar. “Even the song that I did for Sanjay Leeela Bhansali’s Gabbar is an old number. But working with Mr Bhansali was a dream come true.”
Yo Yo has written a rap number about his new association with Sanjay Bhansali. “When I was child I saw the Ram Leela performed on stage. Now there is the film Ram Leela and its maker actually wanted me to do a song for Akshay Kumar in Gabbar. Akshay was one of the first Bollywood A-listers to believe in me. We jelled before we jammed together.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For now there is only the song with the new Miss India.
Quite a long way to come for a rapper who till a year back was being accused of being anti-women.
Apparently the number that Honey Singh plans with Miss India would be completely cleaned out. It would not have a hint of naughtiness, not even one suggestive word.
“I always maintained I’m a good simple boy from Punjab. Some chose not to believe me. Now the same people are happy to work with me. Waqt waqt ki baat hai,” says Honey Singh.