A commercial chopper carrying singer Palash Sen was caught in a thunderstorm and had to land on a highway near Assam’s Gohpur town on Tuesday.
The MI 172 chopper run by Pawan Hans took off from Naharlagun in Arunachal Pradesh around 8.30 a.m. for Guwahati.
It was caught in a thunderstorm, making it difficult to fly and the pilot decided to land on a highway in Gohpur in Sonitpur district, around 300 km from Guwahati.
There were about 24 people in the chopper — 19 members of Sen’s troupe and five crew members.
- Three dead, four rescued after Grand Canyon helicopter crash
- Fresh air scare for Devendra Fadnavis; chopper takes off while landing
- Another air scare for Devendra Fadnavis, chopper makes force-landing
- Filmmaker Bhargav Saikia accuses Palash Sen of plagiarism
- Euphoria just dropped a new song Jesus The Lord Has Risen and it’s very different from rest of their music
- Assam: Caught in bad weather, Pawan Hans chopper with 22 on board lands on village road
“Many have lost their lives in chopper accidents. Got caught in a thunderstorm mid air today and for a moment, I thought it was all over. Thank you god. Landed safe and sound in the middle of a road. The pilot showed great character. Saved us, gave me a second chance!” Sen wrote on his Facebook page.
Sen is in the northeast since the last few days promoting his new film “Aisa Yeh Jahaan”.
The musician also uploaded photographs of the chopper landing on the highway and said, “these people came over to see if I was alright. They say you witness love in the strangest of places and situations.. I am blessed.. Jaan bachi, toh laakhon paaye!”