Tomlinson has appeared to confirm the group’s latest single was penned about 21-year-old Styles’ split from Swift, reported People magazine.
“I think everybody draws from personal experiences, so of course to a degree I’m sure that (Styles’ break-up with Swift) influenced some of it. Down to specifics to who that song is exactly about, that’s fan’s interpretation, I suppose,” Tomlinson said.
- Harry Styles: I’ve never felt the need to label myself
- Louis Tomlinson upset with 1D members for not visiting his son
- Harry Styles upset with Louis Tomlinson over fight with Zayn Malik?
- Harry Styles’ to cut out alcohol
- I am lucky Taylor Swift writes songs about me: Harry Styles
- Taylor Swift has not dated anyone since Harry Styles
Meanwhile, Styles has reportedly been busy penning tracks for his solo career after the band go on a hiatus early next year.
A source said: “Harry has been writing constantly both when on the road and when doing his own thing. He’s managed to work on and record 20 songs already.”