Bollywood numbers have been glorifying relationships for long and friendship is one of them. From “Yeh dosti hum nahin todenge” to “Imli ka boota”, the songs from Hindi movies are still loved by many and played over and over again by friends of different age groups.
On Friendship Day Sunday, here’s a list of popular friendship songs:
1. “Yeh dosti hum nahin todenge”: The filmy anthem for friendship is from “Sholay” and has been sung by Kishore Kumar and Manna Dey. The iconic friendship song was picturised on megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
2. “Tere jaisa yaar kahan, kahan aisa yaaraana”: Another iconic friendship song filmed on Big B and Amjad Khan in the film “Yaraana”. The fact that the two of them were close friends in real life really helped make this Rajesh Roshan composition come alive.
3. “Diye jalte hain”: The entire song was lip-synced by Rajesh Khanna in Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s “Namak Haraam”.
4. “Bane chahe dushman zamana hamara”: Kishore Kumar and Mohammad Rafi in one of their last collaborative songs in Raj Khosla’s “Dostana”. Rafi passed away soon after the recording of this song. The two were barely cordial to one another and yet able to imbue so much warmth and camaraderie in this Laxmikant-Pyarelal composition.
5. “Yaari hai imaan mera yaar meri zindagi”: Yet one more ode to friendship, the song was picturised on Pran. In “Zanjeer”, Big B’s stern no-nonsense character allowed no musical expression of love (to Jaya Bachchan) or friendship (to Pran).
6. “Meri dosti mera pyar”: Filmed on the then-unknown Sudhir Kumar in the 1964 film “Dosti”, the song written by Majrooh Sultanpuri has become an anthem for friendship that lingers in the jukebox of the mind to this day.
7. “Saat ajoobe is duniya mein”: It is picturised on Dharmendra and Jeetendra. Sung by Mohammad Rafi and Mukesh for the film “Dharam Veer”, the lyrics of the song are like – “Tode se bhi toote na yeh dharam-veer ki jodi”.
8. “Imli ka boota”: A nursery-rhyme like friendship song in Subhash Ghai’s “Saudagar” filmed on the two veteran actors Raj Kumar and Dilip Kumar. The number has a certain childlike innocence and unspoilt charm about it.
9. “Ek rasta do rahi, ek chor ek sipahi”: When Amitabh and Dharmendra reprised their buddy talks from “Sholay” in “Ram Balram”, the result was this zingy friendship song sung by Mohammad Rafi and Kishore Kumar.
10. “Doston mein koi baat chal jaati”: A rare song that “dares” to explore the dark side of male bonding. When a deep friendship is torn apart what happens to the buddy-buddy feelings? Shashi Kapoor oozes cynicism as he hurls accusations at Rajesh Khanna in this song from Raj Khosla’s “Prem Kahani”.