Bollywood numbers have been glorifying relationships for long and friendship is one of them. From “Yeh dosti hum nahin todenge” to “Imli ka boota”, the songs from Hindi movies are still loved by many and played over and over again by friends of different age groups.
On Friendship Day Sunday, here’s a list of popular friendship songs:
1. “Yeh dosti hum nahin todenge”: The filmy anthem for friendship is from “Sholay” and has been sung by Kishore Kumar and Manna Dey. The iconic friendship song was picturised on megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra.
2. “Tere jaisa yaar kahan, kahan aisa yaaraana”: Another iconic friendship song filmed on Big B and Amjad Khan in the film “Yaraana”. The fact that the two of them were close friends in real life really helped make this Rajesh Roshan composition come alive.
3. “Diye jalte hain”: The entire song was lip-synced by Rajesh Khanna in Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s “Namak Haraam”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
4. “Bane chahe dushman zamana hamara”: Kishore Kumar and Mohammad Rafi in one of their last collaborative songs in Raj Khosla’s “Dostana”. Rafi passed away soon after the recording of this song. The two were barely cordial to one another and yet able to imbue so much warmth and camaraderie in this Laxmikant-Pyarelal composition.
5. “Yaari hai imaan mera yaar meri zindagi”: Yet one more ode to friendship, the song was picturised on Pran. In “Zanjeer”, Big B’s stern no-nonsense character allowed no musical expression of love (to Jaya Bachchan) or friendship (to Pran).
6. “Meri dosti mera pyar”: Filmed on the then-unknown Sudhir Kumar in the 1964 film “Dosti”, the song written by Majrooh Sultanpuri has become an anthem for friendship that lingers in the jukebox of the mind to this day.
7. “Saat ajoobe is duniya mein”: It is picturised on Dharmendra and Jeetendra. Sung by Mohammad Rafi and Mukesh for the film “Dharam Veer”, the lyrics of the song are like – “Tode se bhi toote na yeh dharam-veer ki jodi”.
8. “Imli ka boota”: A nursery-rhyme like friendship song in Subhash Ghai’s “Saudagar” filmed on the two veteran actors Raj Kumar and Dilip Kumar. The number has a certain childlike innocence and unspoilt charm about it.
9. “Ek rasta do rahi, ek chor ek sipahi”: When Amitabh and Dharmendra reprised their buddy talks from “Sholay” in “Ram Balram”, the result was this zingy friendship song sung by Mohammad Rafi and Kishore Kumar.
10. “Doston mein koi baat chal jaati”: A rare song that “dares” to explore the dark side of male bonding. When a deep friendship is torn apart what happens to the buddy-buddy feelings? Shashi Kapoor oozes cynicism as he hurls accusations at Rajesh Khanna in this song from Raj Khosla’s “Prem Kahani”.