Lyricist-writer Gulzar will be penning a few lines as part of the musical tribute to Jagjit Singh planned by the makers of Tum Bin 2. It will be held on the late singer’s fifth death anniversary on October 10 here. Tum Bin 2 makers Anubhav Sinha and Bhushan Kumar recreating popular ghazal Koi fariyaad as Teri fariyaad, decided to pay a musical tribute to Jagjit Singh.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Titled Tum Bin Misses Jagjit Singh, the by-invite-only concert will feature some of the stalwarts from the music industry and will be aired live for fans. The concert will be held at Rang Sharda, Bandra here, read a statement. Hariharan, Anup Jalota, Rekha Bhardwaj and Ankit Tewari will be a part of the tribute show.
The second instalment of 2001 film Tum Bin franchise is written and directed by Sinha and jointly produced by him with Bhushan Kumar of the T-Series music label. Shot in the aesthetic landscape of Scotland, Tum Bin 2 reunites producer Kumar and writer-director Sinha after a gap of 15 years.
Tum Bin 2 features Neha Sharma, Aditya Seal and Aashim Gulati. The star cast of the film will sing for the very first time on stage as the curtain raiser to the tribute.
Sinha said: “Yes the tribute will incorporate many facets, including a special video message from various music industry stalwarts who couldn’t be present in person, but in spirit, which will be played live to audiences. I’m also choreographing a special sequel with the star cast of ‘Tum Bin 2’ as my personal gesture within the tribute.”
The film will hit the screens on November 18.