British singer George Michael’s sixth solo album ‘Symphonica’ has topped the UK album chart beating Kylie Minogue’s ‘Kiss me Once’.
The 51-year-old singer’s latest album, which came after 2004’s ‘Patience’, sold over 20,000 copies more than Minogue’s ‘Kiss me Once’, reported BBC news.
“Thank you so much… It’s so nice to be able to savour this wonderful moment. I am a lucky man,” Michael said.
The ‘Careless Whisper’ hitmaker, who sparked retirement rumours last month after shutting down his website, had earlier said the new record is named after his 2011-12 orchestral concert tour.
The album includes highlights from Michael’s back catalogue as well as covers of songs, such as Nina Simone’s ‘My Baby Just Cares For Me’, and the lead single ‘Let Her Down Easy’, a cover of the Terence Trent D’Arby song, which will be accompanied by a new video.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016