British singer George Michael’s sixth solo album ‘Symphonica’ has topped the UK album chart beating Kylie Minogue’s ‘Kiss me Once’.
The 51-year-old singer’s latest album, which came after 2004’s ‘Patience’, sold over 20,000 copies more than Minogue’s ‘Kiss me Once’, reported BBC news.
“Thank you so much… It’s so nice to be able to savour this wonderful moment. I am a lucky man,” Michael said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The ‘Careless Whisper’ hitmaker, who sparked retirement rumours last month after shutting down his website, had earlier said the new record is named after his 2011-12 orchestral concert tour.
The album includes highlights from Michael’s back catalogue as well as covers of songs, such as Nina Simone’s ‘My Baby Just Cares For Me’, and the lead single ‘Let Her Down Easy’, a cover of the Terence Trent D’Arby song, which will be accompanied by a new video.