Spanish superstar Enrique Iglesias is undergoing a reconstructive hand surgery after slicing his fingers in a drone mishap at his weekend concert.
The “Hero” hitmaker was onstage in Tijuana, Mexico when he reached out to catch a drone, which he uses to capture video footage at his shows, but the stunt went wrong as the device slashed his fingers, reported Contactmusic.
Iglesias, 40, subsequently flew to Los Angeles to see a specialist and he was booked in for the surgery.
- Enrique Iglesias and wife Anna Kournikova share first photos of their twin babies
- Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias become parents to twins
- My hand is getting better: Enrique Iglesias
- Enrique Iglesias fingers sliced by drone during concert
- Enrique Iglesias kissed a male fan
- Enrique Iglesias to perform in India next month
“Thank you to all your concern and good wishes. Enrique is currently undergoing reconstructive hand surgery today… We appreciate your thoughts and prayers,” a statement read.
The singer will have some time to recover from the injury as his next Sex and Love Tour date is not until July 3 in Mexico City.