Dozens of fans who attended country star Keith Urban’s concert in Mansfield, Massachusetts had to receive medical treatment, official said.
Several ambulances from five nearby communities, a half-dozen police and fire departments went to Xfinity Center after receiving reports of illness and injuries which were caused by “alcohol-related issues”, reported Ace Showbiz.
According to officials, 22 fans were rushed to the hospital while 46 people were treated at the venue. Fifty
other fans were taken into protective custody. “Last evening’s Keith Urban concert was not anticipated to present with the volume of issues handled, but measures were in place to provide appropriate and adequate care and protection to all patrons.
“As a result, although there was a higher than expected volume, appropriate care was available through the expandable model,” read a joint statement from Mansfield Police Chief Ron Sellon and Fire Chief Neil Boldrighini.
“In total, Fire and EMS attended to 46 medicals resulting in 22 transports mostly alcohol-related. The large number of medicals in a shortened time of approximately three hours caused the activation of a phase one EMS plan utilising ambulances from five mutual aid communities.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Police dealt with a steady stream of intoxicated persons as well, resulting in over 50 people being taken into protective custody and a number of others arrested for alcohol-related issues.”
The Australian singer, meanwhile, was seemingly unaware of the medical problems. “What a great night tonight. It was killer. Gosh, up on the lawn tonight, that was nuts. It was so cool,” he said in a short clip uploaded after the show.
The incident took place only a month after 38 people attending Avicii’s concert at the TD Garden in Boston were taken to hospital following an alleged drug-related issue. In addition to the 38 fans, 50 concert-goers received treatment at the venue.