Dozens of fans who attended country star Keith Urban’s concert in Mansfield, Massachusetts had to receive medical treatment, official said.
Several ambulances from five nearby communities, a half-dozen police and fire departments went to Xfinity Center after receiving reports of illness and injuries which were caused by “alcohol-related issues”, reported Ace Showbiz.
According to officials, 22 fans were rushed to the hospital while 46 people were treated at the venue. Fifty
other fans were taken into protective custody. “Last evening’s Keith Urban concert was not anticipated to present with the volume of issues handled, but measures were in place to provide appropriate and adequate care and protection to all patrons.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“As a result, although there was a higher than expected volume, appropriate care was available through the expandable model,” read a joint statement from Mansfield Police Chief Ron Sellon and Fire Chief Neil Boldrighini.
“In total, Fire and EMS attended to 46 medicals resulting in 22 transports mostly alcohol-related. The large number of medicals in a shortened time of approximately three hours caused the activation of a phase one EMS plan utilising ambulances from five mutual aid communities.
“Police dealt with a steady stream of intoxicated persons as well, resulting in over 50 people being taken into protective custody and a number of others arrested for alcohol-related issues.”
The Australian singer, meanwhile, was seemingly unaware of the medical problems. “What a great night tonight. It was killer. Gosh, up on the lawn tonight, that was nuts. It was so cool,” he said in a short clip uploaded after the show.
The incident took place only a month after 38 people attending Avicii’s concert at the TD Garden in Boston were taken to hospital following an alleged drug-related issue. In addition to the 38 fans, 50 concert-goers received treatment at the venue.