Veteran music composer-singer Anu Malik says he has started working with new talent in Bollywood and finds the competition very fierce.
Malik made his debut as a music composer in 1977. He composed for films like ‘Sohni Mahiwal’, ‘Mard’, ‘Ganga Jamuna Saraswathi’ and others.
He got recognition but the era was ruled by R D Burman, Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Kalyanji-Anandji and Bappi Lahiri in the 1980s.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Later, Malik gave memorable compositions for films like ‘Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee’, ‘Baazigar’, ‘Sir’, ‘Chamatkar’, ‘Refugee’, ‘Border’, ‘Aks’, ‘Fiza’, ‘Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai’, ‘Main Hoon Na’, ‘Murder’, ‘Garv’, ‘No Entry’, ‘Kalyug’, ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’ and others.
“I have started working in competition with new people it is a tough thing. I am connected to youth through my two daughters. I see the way youngsters are working is very hard. As a composer, when I am working with them (youngsters) I find competition fierce,” Malik said.
“Singers and composers of today are fantastic and are doing great work. I am excited to be working with the younger generation. Technologically things have changed, new softwares have come up. I am happy keeping myself abreast with time,” he said.
The composer says he is finally doing projects that excite him.
“Ekta Kapoor (producer) asked me to sing a song for ‘Kuku Mathur Ki Jhaand Ho Gayi’. I am doing music for ‘Welcome Back’ and we have already finished two songs. I am getting to work with one of the biggest banners in the film industry…it is dream moment for me. Musically, I am choosing good projects that excite me.”
Malik, who has been a judge from the first season of TV reality show ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega’ along with filmmaker Farah Khan, is back on the jury for the upcoming season. The last season was aired in 2011.
“The show has brought lot of new things in terms of performances and acts. It will be a memorable show and I am sure people will love it. Farah Khan and I form a magical pair. I am sure audience will get full dose of entertainment,” Malik said. The show is based on the popular American reality TV talent show ’30 Seconds to Fame’ was launched in 2009.
It has participants showing off their unique talent and performing for one minute without being voted out.
Popular TV actors Mona Singh and Krushna Abhishek will be hosting the show. The fifth season of the show will be aired from May 12 on Sony Entertainment channel.