FROM coordinating with the National Security Guard (NSG) team for security arrangements for Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is likely to attend the Coldplay concert this weekend to ensuring there are no traffic pile-ups, the Mumbai Police are gearing up for the much-hyped event on Saturday.
“Our men will be stationed along the circumference of the venue. There will be a team at the nearby BKC police station, monitoring live feed from CCTV cameras. They will be in constant touch with police officers at the venue, alerting them about any suspicious elements,” said a senior police officer in charge of security. “While several dignitaries including the prime minister are expected at the venue, they have their own security cordon comprising mostly of NSG commandos. So, our primary job will be to secure the area,” he added.
Apart from the NSG, local police and CCTV cameras, there will be door-frame metal detectors at all the entrances leading up to the venue. “There will be traffic diversions, which will be announced in a day or two,” said the officer.
Besides, the police want people coming to the event to use public transport instead of own vehicles. The officer said, “Though the function is on a Saturday, nearly 40 per cent offices are still open in the business district. We have already had a meeting with top officials from several major offices located there. We have requested them to ensure their employees use as less parking space as possible so that there is enough space for the guests.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More