After making an impact on the music scene of Brazil and Pakistan, Coke Studio reached India after a few years, while the country was still humming the catchy Bollywood tunes. The concept was simple. They took a folk or classical music based melody and married it with western beats. So basically, you get the best of both worlds and get to hear something very new. It also gave a platform to new-generation musicians to work along with veterans of the field.
Though the Indian version got noticed, it was the Pakistani version that pulled more crowd, even from India. Now the Coke Studio, Pakistan has entered its seventh season and music enthusiasts can’t wait for every detail about the show.
On Thursday, Coca Cola unveiled season seven’s lineup featuring 23 artists and 22 musicians.
This season’s line-up includes: Abbas Ali Khan, Abida Parveen, Abrarul Haq, Akhtar Chanal Zahri, Asrar, Fariha Parvez, Humera Channa, Javed Bashir, Jawad Ahmed, Jimmy Khan, Komal Rizvi, Meesha Shafi, Momin Durrani, Naseer Shahab, Niazi Brothers, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Rahma Ali, Sajjad Ali, Sanam Saeed, Usman Riaz, Ustaad Raees Khan, Ustaad Tafu Khan, Zoe Viccaji and Zoheb Hasan.
The fresh season will also see new producers – Strings duo Bilal Maqsood and Faisal Kapadia. The long time producer Rohail Hayat left the show. The last season got flak for featuring international artists which changed the flavour of the show and didn’t go down well with the music lovers, apparently. With season seven, Coke Studio intends to go back to its roots.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Coca-Cola Pakistan’s General Manager Rizwan Khan said that their aim was to “reinvent the way music can capture the spirit of Pakistan. Coke Studio season seven will discover the talent and variance that this nation has to offer. Coke Studio has enabled and empowered Pakistani musicians to express their talents and skills. Many new stars have emerged and the initiative has provided a unique platform for the fusion and learning of music”.
Humera Channa and Jawad Ahmed along with Zoheb Hasan will be making their first appearance on the show.
Among the host of changes is the revamped house band for this season. The line-up includes: Aahad Nayani on drums, Babar Ali Khanna on dhol, Imran Akhoond on guitars, Jaffer Ali Zaidi on keyboard, Khalid Khan on bass, Sikandar Mufti on percussions. Momin Durrani, Rachel Viccaji and Sara Haider will accompany them on backing vocals. Jaffer Zaidi and Sikander Mufti have retained their place in the studio.
This season will also bring with it some guest musicians like Aamir Zaki, Adeel Bukhari, Arsalan Rabbani, Faraz Anwar, Ghulam Abbas, Hamza Jafri, Jaffer Hussain, Javed Iqbal, Kaleem Khan, Mubashir Admani, Omran Shafique, Sajid Ali, Saleem Khan, Shallum Xavier, Tanweer Hussain and Umer Daraz.