Simpson, 18, who amicably split from the 20-year-old model in May after dating for two years, said he was scared of being in such a high profile relationship and thinks being single is “rad”, reported E Online.
- Cody Simpson happy for Gigi Hadid, Zayn Malik
- Cody Simpson's sister wants him, Gigi Hadid to reconcile
- Relationship with Gigi Hadid was 'scary' for Cody Simpson
- Hanging out with Selena Gomez can get 'annoying': Cody Simpson
- Gigi Hadid, Cody Simpson still hang out
- Cody Simpson, girlfriend pose nude together
“It sort of had been so publicised that I got kind of scared and sort of wanted to stay low-key. Being by myself is great because I can be low-key…moving to Venice Beach (California) and be away from anything, (I can) focus on my music, I’m taking up film and photography, skateboarding… It’s rad, yeah,” the “La Da Dee” hitmaker said.
“Being by myself has just freed up space for me to actually be myself as opposed to half of somebody else, which I think is meant come later in life.”
While Cody is still single, the Sports Illustrated beauty recently started dating her long-time friend Joe Jonas, 25.