Sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan feels that classical musicians in India are not encouraged at the right age.
The 68-year-old musician, who won NDTV’s Indian of the Year Lifetime Achievement Award, said cricket legend and master blaster Sachin Tendulkar was given Bharat Ratna at the right time.
“I am very happy to see that the musicians of Amaan and Ayaan’s generation are doing good work. But I feel that they should get encouragement at the right time.
“I am happy that Sachin Tendulkar got the Bharat Ratna at the right age. But we musicians get it at the age of 70, 80 and 90,” Khan said after receiving the honour.
The musician received the award in the presence of his two sons and wife.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The legendary sarod player also feels that music connects with the soul and religion of the world. “Music is like a ocean and I am a drop in it. Music has the power to connect to God. It connects with the soul and religion of the world,” he said.