Jailed rap mogul Suge Knight sued embattled R&B star Chris Brown, singer Pia Mia and the owners of 1Oak nightclub after he was shot seven times at a party almost two years ago.
The founder of Death Row Records filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles as he awaits trial on charges he mowed down two men outside a Compton burger stand last year, killing one of them, reported the New York Daily news.
- IPL 2018: Tough to concentrate when facing issues, says DD bowling coach on Mohammad Shami
- IPL 2018 Preview, DD vs KKR: Delhi Daredevils seek revival of fortune under new captain Shreyas Iyer
- Indian Premier League 2018 RR vs KKR: Knights breach fortress Jaipur
- Chris Brown hit with another lawsuit over nightclub shooting
- Chris Brown hit with lawsuit over nightclub shooting
- Rap mogul ‘Suge’ Knight denies murder, is hospitalized
Knight, 51, claims in his filing that Brown, 27, was a known gang associate with a history of violence and had a well-documented track record of hosting events (and) parties in which violence frequently erupted.
The former hip hop heavyweight claims Brown and his co-defendants acted negligently when they hosted Brown’s unofficial pre-MTV VMA Awards event at the West Hollywood hotspot in August 2014 and failed to screen attendees for firearms.
Knight was shot in the torso, chest and left forearm and somehow managed to stagger outside before paramedics rushed him to a nearby hospital.