Rapper Chris Brown has been ordered to stay in jail for a bit more after he admitted to violating his probation by getting into an altercation with a man outside a Washington DC hotel in October last year.
The 25-year-old singer appeared in a hearing on May 9 in Los Angeles where he made the admission wearing his orange uniform, reported Ace Showbiz.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge James Brandlin then sentenced the singer to 365 days in jail. Brown, however, was given credit for serving 234 days in rehab facility and behind bars. Therefore, he has 131 days to serve. Brown’s lawyer Mark Geragos believes that his client will be released soon.
“I would expect that Chris should be out of jail before the weekend’s up or before Monday. If he isn’t out by Monday, then I would expect he’s getting special treatment. He’s got over 230 days credit on a 365 (day sentence) and generally the sheriff is releasing on a lot less than that,” he said.
Brown was sentenced to probation following an assault related to his then-girlfriend Rihanna in addition to community service. Brown still has about 700 hours of work to complete, but Geragos said that the singer “enjoyed” the activity. Brown also needs to attend therapy session twice a week and take random drug test three times a week.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More