Rapper Chris Brown has been ordered to stay in jail for a bit more after he admitted to violating his probation by getting into an altercation with a man outside a Washington DC hotel in October last year.
The 25-year-old singer appeared in a hearing on May 9 in Los Angeles where he made the admission wearing his orange uniform, reported Ace Showbiz.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge James Brandlin then sentenced the singer to 365 days in jail. Brown, however, was given credit for serving 234 days in rehab facility and behind bars. Therefore, he has 131 days to serve. Brown’s lawyer Mark Geragos believes that his client will be released soon.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“I would expect that Chris should be out of jail before the weekend’s up or before Monday. If he isn’t out by Monday, then I would expect he’s getting special treatment. He’s got over 230 days credit on a 365 (day sentence) and generally the sheriff is releasing on a lot less than that,” he said.
Brown was sentenced to probation following an assault related to his then-girlfriend Rihanna in addition to community service. Brown still has about 700 hours of work to complete, but Geragos said that the singer “enjoyed” the activity. Brown also needs to attend therapy session twice a week and take random drug test three times a week.