Rapper Chris Brown has cancelled his upcoming concert in Jakarta, Indonesia hours after reports surfaced he was banned from leaving Philippines.
The “Kiss Kiss” hitmaker, 26, was slated to visit the city on July 25 but now he has postponed the planned gig there.
“Due to safety concerns my show on July 25th will be rescheduled! Let’s keep spreading love around the world! #Pray4Peace,” he posted on Twitter.
- Chris Evans to drop his Captain America identity in Avengers Infinity War?
- Chris Brown finally allowed to leave Philippines
- Chris Brown slogs for community service
- Chris Brown released after assault charges reduced to misdemeanor
- Chris Brown makes a come back with Jackson imitation
- Singer Leona Lewis sparked Rihanna row
Promoters for the concert have also confirmed the cancellation news, revealing Brown’s representatives have yet to determine a new date for the show.
A statement reads, “Reasons of security factors that cause delays, we received directly from Chris Brown… We as promoters apologise profusely for the incident that really is beyond our control.”
According to the Philippines News Agency, Brown was detained so he could answer questions about allegedly skipping a New Year’s Eve gig in Manila.