Playback singer Chinmayi Sripada says 2014 has begun on a bright note for as she has bagged the chance to sing ‘Zehnaseeb’ with Shekhar Ravjiani in the upcoming Hindi film ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’.
This is Sripada’s second duet with Shekhar. Shekhar wanted to release a single in Telugu last year, called ‘Butterfly’, in which he got her to sing along with him.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Butterfly was a single released in aid of charity, Ma Niketan, a home that Shekhar supports, she said. Besides this, ‘Ninthe Ninthe’, crooned by Sripada, Vijay Prakash and Sudhamayi, in the recently released Kannada film ‘Ninnindale’, starring Puneet Rajkumar, is among the top songs of the year.
The peppy number is picturised on Rajkumar and Erica Fernandes. The movie is directed by Telugu film director, Jayanth C Paranjee, and music is composed by Mani Sharma.
The ‘Enthaaraa Enthaaraa’ number in the upcoming Tamil film ‘Thirumanam Enum Nikkah’, is another composition which is popular, and Sripada is elated that the year has begun on a bright note.
She has also songs lined up in the upcoming Tamil films ‘Bhooloham’ (Jayam Ravi-Trisha starrer) and ‘Aahaa Kalyanam’ (the official remake of Band Baaja Baraat), Sripada said.
‘Aahaa Kalyanam’ features Nani and Vaani Kapoor in the lead roles and is produced by Aditya Chopra’s Yash Raj films. The music is by Dharan Kumar.
Asked if she has any projects with A R Rahman, she said, “I am awaiting the release of the Rajinikanth starrer- ‘Kochadaiyaan’.”
She has also rendered a solo composition in the movie. Sripada feels it is tough to compare any song with another.
“For me getting to be a part of a song is a gift and I feel grateful that I am able to live my dream each day,” she said.
On ‘Zehnaseeb’, she said, “It was a beautiful experience to sing such lovely lyrics and to be part of a wonderful composition as this one.”
Also a dubbing artiste, Sripada has dubbed for Vani Kapoor in ‘Aahaa Kalyanam’ and its Telugu version.
On reality shows, Sripada said the only suggestion that she would give is that people learn music seriously and to not take reality shows too seriously.
“Each year, one season’s runners and winners keep doing a lot of shows. Until the new lot comes up. I guess in a way, reality shows have generated a lot of income for several singers from various parts of India. That is amazing, in my opinion.”
On her chances of acting, for a change, or doing the script or composing music, she said: “I don’t know about the future but I know that I’ll be sticking to singing. I may not venture into anything new.”