Playback singer Chinmayi Sripada says 2014 has begun on a bright note for as she has bagged the chance to sing ‘Zehnaseeb’ with Shekhar Ravjiani in the upcoming Hindi film ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’.
This is Sripada’s second duet with Shekhar. Shekhar wanted to release a single in Telugu last year, called ‘Butterfly’, in which he got her to sing along with him.
Butterfly was a single released in aid of charity, Ma Niketan, a home that Shekhar supports, she said. Besides this, ‘Ninthe Ninthe’, crooned by Sripada, Vijay Prakash and Sudhamayi, in the recently released Kannada film ‘Ninnindale’, starring Puneet Rajkumar, is among the top songs of the year.
The peppy number is picturised on Rajkumar and Erica Fernandes. The movie is directed by Telugu film director, Jayanth C Paranjee, and music is composed by Mani Sharma.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The ‘Enthaaraa Enthaaraa’ number in the upcoming Tamil film ‘Thirumanam Enum Nikkah’, is another composition which is popular, and Sripada is elated that the year has begun on a bright note.
She has also songs lined up in the upcoming Tamil films ‘Bhooloham’ (Jayam Ravi-Trisha starrer) and ‘Aahaa Kalyanam’ (the official remake of Band Baaja Baraat), Sripada said.
‘Aahaa Kalyanam’ features Nani and Vaani Kapoor in the lead roles and is produced by Aditya Chopra’s Yash Raj films. The music is by Dharan Kumar.
Asked if she has any projects with A R Rahman, she said, “I am awaiting the release of the Rajinikanth starrer- ‘Kochadaiyaan’.”
She has also rendered a solo composition in the movie. Sripada feels it is tough to compare any song with another.
“For me getting to be a part of a song is a gift and I feel grateful that I am able to live my dream each day,” she said.
On ‘Zehnaseeb’, she said, “It was a beautiful experience to sing such lovely lyrics and to be part of a wonderful composition as this one.”
Also a dubbing artiste, Sripada has dubbed for Vani Kapoor in ‘Aahaa Kalyanam’ and its Telugu version.
On reality shows, Sripada said the only suggestion that she would give is that people learn music seriously and to not take reality shows too seriously.
“Each year, one season’s runners and winners keep doing a lot of shows. Until the new lot comes up. I guess in a way, reality shows have generated a lot of income for several singers from various parts of India. That is amazing, in my opinion.”
On her chances of acting, for a change, or doing the script or composing music, she said: “I don’t know about the future but I know that I’ll be sticking to singing. I may not venture into anything new.”