Singer Celine Dion’s elder brother Daniel Dion died of cancer, days after her husband Rene Angelil succumbed to the same ailment.
Daniel, had been battling brain, tongue and throat cancer, according to his sister Claudette, said The Hollywood Reporter.
The Canadian pop singer’s representative confirmed the news and her website posted a statement hours following Daniel’s demise.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Surrounded by his loving family, Daniel Dion, older brother to Celine Dion and eighth child of Therese and Adhemar Dion, passed away peacefully at the age of 59 years old.
After a long battle with cancer, Daniel leaves to mourn his mother Therese Tanguay-Dion; his daughters Valerie (Patrick Goyette) and Marie-Michelle; his grandchildren Matis and Laurianne (Valerie)… And Celine; and his many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends,” it read.
A visitation will be held on Saturday, January 23 at Salon Charles Rajotte in Repentigny.
Daniel will be honored at a religious funeral at St-Simon-et-Jude, in Charlemagne Québec, where the family was raised.
“His final days were spent in the care of the staff and volunteers at the palliative care center Maison Adhemar-Dion. In lieu of flowers, donations to the centerer would be appreciated. The family requests that in honour of their brother’s memory, their privacy be respected in this time of grief,” the statement concluded.
Angelil, Celine’s husband of 20 years and the father of their three children, died on Thursday at age 73 after battling throat cancer.