Singer Celine Dion’s elder brother Daniel Dion died of cancer, days after her husband Rene Angelil succumbed to the same ailment.
Daniel, had been battling brain, tongue and throat cancer, according to his sister Claudette, said The Hollywood Reporter.
The Canadian pop singer’s representative confirmed the news and her website posted a statement hours following Daniel’s demise.
“Surrounded by his loving family, Daniel Dion, older brother to Celine Dion and eighth child of Therese and Adhemar Dion, passed away peacefully at the age of 59 years old.
After a long battle with cancer, Daniel leaves to mourn his mother Therese Tanguay-Dion; his daughters Valerie (Patrick Goyette) and Marie-Michelle; his grandchildren Matis and Laurianne (Valerie)… And Celine; and his many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends,” it read.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A visitation will be held on Saturday, January 23 at Salon Charles Rajotte in Repentigny.
Daniel will be honored at a religious funeral at St-Simon-et-Jude, in Charlemagne Québec, where the family was raised.
“His final days were spent in the care of the staff and volunteers at the palliative care center Maison Adhemar-Dion. In lieu of flowers, donations to the centerer would be appreciated. The family requests that in honour of their brother’s memory, their privacy be respected in this time of grief,” the statement concluded.
Angelil, Celine’s husband of 20 years and the father of their three children, died on Thursday at age 73 after battling throat cancer.