Rocker Bruce Springsteen is all set to publish an illustrated cowboy story for youngsters about a bank-robber trying to outrun his sins.
‘Outlaw Pete’, based on an eight-minute ballad from Springsteen’s 2009 Working on a Dream album, will be published by Simon & Schuster in November, reported Rolling Stone magazine. Frank Caruso, a cartoonist and writer, who had the idea of turning the song into a book, and persuaded Springsteen to write the text, provides the illustrations.
Springsteen, 64, joins Madonna, Sting and Paul McCartney in the pantheon of music stars-turned-children’s authors.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The New Jersey rocker’s tale was inspired by memories of Brave Cowboy Bill, a 1950s children’s book which his mother read to him as a child.
But Springsteen, whose songs have provoked comparisons to John Steinbeck’s dustbowl narratives, promises a grittier children’s offering than Madonna’s best-selling tome, ‘The English Roses’.