A draft of Bob Dylan’s popular song ‘Like a Rolling stone’ has been sold for a record breaking USD 2 million at an auction.
The working draft of the song in Dylan’s own handwriting went to an unidentified bidder on Tuesday. The selling price, USD 2.045 million, included a buyer’s premium, reported the Guardian.
“The manuscript is the only known surviving draft of the final lyrics for this transformative rock anthem,” the auction house said, adding the bid has created the world record for a popular music manuscript. The draft is written in pencil on four sheets of hotel letterhead stationery with revisions, additions, notes and doodles: a hat, a bird, an animal with antlers.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Dylan, now 73, was 24 when he recorded the song in 1965 about a debutante who becomes a loner when she is cast from upper-class social circles. The auction house described the seller as a longtime fan from California “who met his hero in a non-rock context and bought directly from Dylan”.
He was not identified. John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics for ‘A Day in the Life’, the final track on the Beatles’ classic 1967 album Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, sold for USD 1.2 million in 2010, the record for such a sale at that time.