International pop star Beyonce Knowles looks exquisite in a creation by ace Indian designer duo Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla in British rock Coldplay’s latest music video “Hymn For The Weekend”, which also features Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor in designer Mayyur Girotra’s outfit.
Abu Jani told IANS: “We are beyond thrilled, pinching ourselves and wondering, is it real? Thirtry years into the business and we’re behaving like star struck kids, gobsmacked by Beyonce and pumped up with excitement. A truly wonderful moment for both of us and Team Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla.”
Beyonce sports a skin net lotus sequins hand embroidered dress embellished in gold sequins and crystals lined in red. Also, a floor length black Exotica Gota coat is worn over the dress. It is hand embroidered in Gota, beads and multicoloured resham and appliqué work.
Sandeep Khosla of the designer duo posted an image of Beyonce from the video on Instagram and attached multiple hashtags with it.
“The #queen #it’s #beyonce #couture #abujanisandeepkhosla #janikhosla #speechless #fabulous #india #fantastique #instastar #instalove #instaluxe #instadiva #abusandeep #original #always #thenew #coldplay #video,” he wrote.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Hymn For The Weekend” is a track from Coldplay’s latest album “A Head Full of Dreams” and it shows Chris Martin experiencing the diverse culture of India in many forms. He is even seen getting drenched in colours during the Holi festival, visiting old film theatres and meeting sadhus (holy men).
Beyoncé features as a regal goddess in a Bollywood film in the track, while Sonam features in a short yet noticable appearance in an outfit by Girotra.
Talking about Sonam’s ensemble, Girotra told IANS: “Sonam’s sister (Rhea) who is also her stylist liked this blouse from my range Mayyur Girotras Kutch collection. It was recreated especially for Sonam as per her measurements and fits the role completely as the Coldplay video showcases the vibrant colours and noises of India,” the designer told IANS.
Martin had visited India last year, and even performed a surprise gig in the capital.