International pop star Beyonce Knowles looks exquisite in a creation by ace Indian designer duo Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla in British rock Coldplay’s latest music video “Hymn For The Weekend”, which also features Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor in designer Mayyur Girotra’s outfit.
Abu Jani told IANS: “We are beyond thrilled, pinching ourselves and wondering, is it real? Thirtry years into the business and we’re behaving like star struck kids, gobsmacked by Beyonce and pumped up with excitement. A truly wonderful moment for both of us and Team Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla.”
Beyonce sports a skin net lotus sequins hand embroidered dress embellished in gold sequins and crystals lined in red. Also, a floor length black Exotica Gota coat is worn over the dress. It is hand embroidered in Gota, beads and multicoloured resham and appliqué work.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sandeep Khosla of the designer duo posted an image of Beyonce from the video on Instagram and attached multiple hashtags with it.
“The #queen #it’s #beyonce #couture #abujanisandeepkhosla #janikhosla #speechless #fabulous #india #fantastique #instastar #instalove #instaluxe #instadiva #abusandeep #original #always #thenew #coldplay #video,” he wrote.
“Hymn For The Weekend” is a track from Coldplay’s latest album “A Head Full of Dreams” and it shows Chris Martin experiencing the diverse culture of India in many forms. He is even seen getting drenched in colours during the Holi festival, visiting old film theatres and meeting sadhus (holy men).
Beyoncé features as a regal goddess in a Bollywood film in the track, while Sonam features in a short yet noticable appearance in an outfit by Girotra.
Talking about Sonam’s ensemble, Girotra told IANS: “Sonam’s sister (Rhea) who is also her stylist liked this blouse from my range Mayyur Girotras Kutch collection. It was recreated especially for Sonam as per her measurements and fits the role completely as the Coldplay video showcases the vibrant colours and noises of India,” the designer told IANS.
Martin had visited India last year, and even performed a surprise gig in the capital.