Homegrown personal networking platform Vebbler has launched The Ungli Campaign, urging people to vote in the General elections, in collaboration with Bollywood artistes and the Band of Boys.
The campaign was launched with a catchy up-beat song called the ‘Ungli Song’, which features Bollywood celebs like Arbaaz Khan, Sonu Sood, Ritesh Sidwani, Mini Mathur, Esha Deol, Prachi Desai, Kritika Kamra, Pooja Bedi among others.
The Band of Boys conceptualised a very tongue-in-cheek and catchy song that the youth can relate to, and essentially what The Band of Boys stand for, called The Ungli Song.
The song’s lyrics take a satirical dig at the recent political faux-pas like connecting rape with eating chowmein, the fun in riding on roads full of potholes.
The song also marks the comeback of the Band of Boys along with Shibani Kashyap joining the band as part of this ‘Ungli Song’. “It was great fun connecting with old pals and working on the song. We are sure everyone is going to love it”, said Karan Oberoi of The Band Of Boys.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
This new feature is aimed at engaging Indian youth in conversations on various topics surrounding the upcoming election and encourage them to go vote.
The campaign was launched on the day the Lok Sabha Polls kicked off. Th e-campaign aims to engage users in election related topics, join discussion forums, engage with polling booths as well as find out their polling booth location.