Pop star Ariana Grande declared her love for the US during her Florida concert days after issuing an apology for slamming the country.
She returned to the stage for the first time on Thursday, July 16 at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida for the second-half of her “Honeymoon” tour.
In a video posted on YouTube by a fan, Grande could be heard saying to her fans during the show, “I’m so grateful to be here in Tampa! And I’m so, so grateful to be performing in the USA, the greatest country on the world! I love you guys so much.”
- Ariana Grande writes an emotional letter for her fans after her Dangerous Woman tour
- Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber to lead all-star concert for Manchester victims
- 'We won't let hate win': Ariana Grande on Manchester Attack
- Manchester Arena terror attack: Who is Ariana Grande?
- Ariana Grande dedicates AMA to grandmother
- Ariana Grande reschedules show after falling ill
Last week, a video showing the 21-year-old “Problem” hitmaker licking an un-purchased donut and saying “I hate Americans I hate America.”
The “Love Me Harder” singer released a public statement, clarifying that she was, in fact, proud to be an American while also condemning the way Americans eat.
But after that was also criticised, the Nickelodeon alum shared a sincere YouTube video, directly apologising for her actions.