Adele showed her respect for the late music legend Prince by screening his music video at her concert in his hometown of Minnesota.
The “Hello” hitmaker was performing the opening night of the North American leg of her ‘Adele Live Tour 2016’ at the Xcel Energy Center in St Paul, and projected the late music icon’s 1994 music video for “The Most Beautiful Girl In the World” on a screen.
- Teacher gets three-year jail for molesting minor girl
- How Blue is the Warmest Colour deals with the tricky territory of young love and same-sex romance
- Amitabh Bachchan’s 102 Not Out song shoot cancelled as a mark of respect to Sridevi’s demise
- The Lost Song of Naina Devi: Revisiting the life of the musician, 100 years on
- 2017 Looking Back: By The Ear
- Prince Memorial to be held in Los Angeles in May
However, those expecting the 28-year-old songstress – who has a three-year-old son, Angelo, with long-term partner Simon Konecki – to perform a cover of a Prince track would have been disappointed, as she didn’t feel worthy enough to do a rendition of one of his songs.
“I did maybe consider covering a song… It’s Prince,” she said.
The “Purple Rain” hitmaker tragically passed away in April at the age of 57, at his Paisley Park estate in Minnesota.