Bollywood singer Ankit Tiwari, who was arrested last week for allegedly raping a woman, moved a sessions court seeking bail.
Ankit Tiwari, who was remanded in judicial custody by local magistrate, filed the application for bail saying he was being falsely implicated in the case.
The 24-year-old singer said in his complaint that the concerned woman is already married and has a child. He also alleged that there are many contradictions in the complaint lodged by the woman, who is believed to be his girlfriend.
Ankit Tiwari, known for his song ‘Sun Raha Hai Na’ in Bollywood movie ‘Aashiqui 2’, was arrested on May 8 after the woman filed a case in Versova police station accusing him of sexually assaulting her between October 2012 and December 2013 on the promise of marrying her.
Ankit Tiwari’s brother Ankur was also apprehended for allegedly threatening the woman with dire consequences over a period of time if she files complaint in this regard.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Ankit Tiwari was booked under section 376 (punishment for rape), 493 (cohabitation caused by a man deceitfully inducing a belief of lawful marriage), and section 506 (2) (punishment for criminal intimidation) of Indian Penal Code.