Clinton Cerejo, who did music arrangements for A.R. Rahman back in the 1990s and is now a popular singer-composer himself, says the Oscar-winning music maestro always had a great level of trust in his work. That, in turn, gave Cerejo confidence to do a lot more work.
On the 49th birthday of Rahman on Wednesday, Cerejo, who sang his compositions like “Phoolon jaisi ladki” and “Dil ka rishta”, recalled his experience of working with him.
“We had an amazing equation. There was a great level of trust when it came to Rahman sir and me. There would be times when I had to work on his songs without him being around. But there was always a great level of trust that he had in me and my work. That gave me confidence to do a lot more,” he told IANS.
Nakash Aziz, who grew up listening to Rahman’s music and considers him to be his guru, hopes to have the “same kind of energy at his age”.
“He has been in the industry for over 20 years. Today also when I see him, I hope I have the same kind of energy at his age and even after achieving so much… it’s just crazy, the kind of commitment he has. It’s great,” said the singer, who worked with Rahman in the Hollywood venture “The Hundred-Foot Journey”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016