Oscar-winning composer A R Rahman’s hot favourite, ‘Urvashi Urvashi’ from Tamil rom-com ‘Kadhalan’ (1994) has inspired former Black Eyed Peas’ Will.i.am’s new song, ‘Birthday’.
A.R. Rahman took to Twitter to share the good news.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
— A.R.Rahman (@arrahman) May 21, 2014
The peppy dance number ‘Urvashi Urvashi’, which was a huge chartbuster from ‘Kadhalan’. The movie was later dubbed in Hindi as ‘Humse Hai Muqabla’ and in Telugu as ‘Premikudu’. The ‘Urvashi Urvashi’ video features dance guru Prabhu Dheva going beyond himself as he does justice to Rahman’s funky beats. Rapper Will.i.am has teamed up with Cody Wise for ‘Birthday’ which has been co-produced by Damien LeRoy. The American singer also posted his thanks to Rahman on social networking site Twitter.