Oscar-winning composer A R Rahman’s hot favourite, ‘Urvashi Urvashi’ from Tamil rom-com ‘Kadhalan’ (1994) has inspired former Black Eyed Peas’ Will.i.am’s new song, ‘Birthday’.
A.R. Rahman took to Twitter to share the good news.
— A.R.Rahman (@arrahman) May 21, 2014
The peppy dance number ‘Urvashi Urvashi’, which was a huge chartbuster from ‘Kadhalan’. The movie was later dubbed in Hindi as ‘Humse Hai Muqabla’ and in Telugu as ‘Premikudu’. The ‘Urvashi Urvashi’ video features dance guru Prabhu Dheva going beyond himself as he does justice to Rahman’s funky beats. Rapper Will.i.am has teamed up with Cody Wise for ‘Birthday’ which has been co-produced by Damien LeRoy. The American singer also posted his thanks to Rahman on social networking site Twitter.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016