“Congrats on the Grammy win Ricky Kej You have proved yet again that music is a credible choice, no matter where you are born… Wishing you the best!,” Rahman, 48, wrote on his Facebook.
Kej and Indian-origin Neela Vaswani were the two people from India to scoop the golden gramophone, considered the most coveted prize in music.
- Ricky Kej part of Grammy 2016 wining album ‘Grace’
- Few true independent artists in India: Grammy winner Ricky Kej
- Grammy winner Ricky Kej meets PM Narendra Modi
- Recognise Grammy winner Ricky Kej, Shankar Mahadevan, Sameer tell govt
- Ricky Kej wants government recognition
- Ricky Kej: India not primary market for my music
The musician, 33, won for his collaborative album ‘Winds of Samsara’ with South Indian artiste Wouter Kellerman in the New Age Album category. It was his 14th studio album.
Vaswani won the trophy in the Best Children’s Album category for ‘I Am Malala: How One Girl Stood Up For Education And Changed The World (Malala Yousafzai)’.