Can anyone go through an entire film with a fixed expression? Himesh Reshammiya does a hence proven in ‘Teraa Surroor’ in which he is busily engaged on a twin project: trying to prise his lady love from a Dublin prison, and to uncover a mystery man who has evil designs on him and her.
The proceedings take an hour and half and give us a guy called Raghu , played by a very buff Reshammiya, mop-with-a-side-part, black singlet and black leather jacket and dark glasses, hefting a gun sideways, and shooting many bullets into many bodies. Nary a turned-around baseball cap in sight, I might add, as an for-your-information for his fans.
He has, for company, a girl-friend called Tara (Tara Karimaee, a Nargis Fakhri lookalike, whose voice has been clearly dubbed to Bollywood squeaky) who is very hurt when he tells her, silly boy, what he’s been up to with a very hot woman. Off she goes, leaving behind teary-eyed mom (Patel) behind, to Ireland, and finds herself jugged. A hooded fellow called Aniruddha Brahman (we remember the name because it is repeated a zillion times) seems to be behind it all, so of course Raghu has to play find-outer. Who is he? Why does he want to ruin their life?
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The film also has such veterans as Kabir Bedi and Naseerudin Shah in bit parts, the former playing a top cop in India, throwing out growly orders to his subordinates, and the latter, a master jail-breaker in an orange jump suit, adorning an Irish cell. Shah is called Santino, speaks Hindi very well, and is made to say such lines as : ‘Tara ho ya Chanda ya Madhuri Dixit, mujhe farak nahin padta’. Or words to that effect.
But don’t be fooled. These strands are tied to a laughably hole-y plot, and the focus stays firmly on Himesh, who remains blank-faced through it all, never cracking a single smile, not even when he is with his girl. All in tons of slo mo, alternating with dizzying camera angles. All drowned in loud background music.
About the only thing I enjoyed, apart from a few flashes of pristine Dublin, was Shekhar Kapur’s grizzled walk-on appearance as an Indian diplomat with a troubled marriage. The about-to-be-divorced wife (Monica Dogra) plays a lawyer and manages many scenes with Kapur, who gets to deliver the best dialogue in the film: I hate love stories, he says. And smiles.
One character says : “oh god it’s a mess”. An apt line.
Teraa Surroor cast: Himesh Reshammiya, Farah Karimaee, Shekhar Kapur, Monica Dogra, Naseerudin Shah, Kabir Bedi, Shernaz Patel
Director : Shawn Arranha