Full disclosure : I ran for my life in about an hour from this atrocity which calls itself a film, but which is nothing but a series of dismal, embarrassing scenes interspersed with songs that are even more so.
Two no-good guys called Prantabh Pratap aka PP ( Samrat) and Anand Ishwaram Devdutt Subramaniam aka AIDS ( Amrohi, the grandson of Kamal ) are allegedly TV reporters. We are meant to laugh at their names and their antics, which include dancing to songs that topline shaking butts, propping up the corpse of a dead politician, and lusting after their hot, leggy boss ( Dias).
This boss wears tight, short skirts, strokes her bare legs, and barks at these two: ‘jao kuchh murder ya rape ki khabar le ke ao’. Or words to that effect. I heard the word ‘rape’ bandied about thrice in quick succession, and I was wondering just how that could be funny, when I got distracted with Dias yelling : “laash kahaan hai, laash?”
‘O Teri’ has the temerity to call our attention to that great black comedy, ‘Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron’ : replacing those memorable photographers with these dimwit TV reporters, adding in a dead body with a fixed grin on its face, and mixing it up with corrupt `netas’ and complicit journalists does not a comedy make, black or otherwise.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The jokes are puerile, the gags flat. Veteran Anupam Kher hams it up, so does Vijay Raaz. There was nothing to hold me back, not even Ms Bedi in her noodle straps.
(Follow Shubhra Gupta on Twitter
You can also send your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org )