Cast: Arshad Warsi,Soha Ali Khan,Jaaved Jafferi,Himani Shivpuri,Vijay Raaz,Shakti Kapoor,Vrijesh Hirjee
Director: Samir Tewari
The Indian Express Rating: ½ star
Ive been thinking of one nice thing to say about this film,which I suspect was made because its title can be read as ‘Jo Bhi Karvalo’. Funny much? Sadly,not at all.
Sad because I always have hopes of the very talented Arshad Warsi. Because he has delivered,in the past. But in this one,he is made to play a bumbling sleuth,saddled by a mommy ( Shivpuri) who wears polka dotted frocks and dark glasses and bumps into furniture,and a girl-friend ( Khan) who is a uniformed female- Dabangg-type cop but is also to be found in teeny bikinis and short frocks.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He is then dumped into a plot that that is so asinine that it leaves one speechless.
What can you say when you are faced with characters who make no sense,and speak only nonsense? Jafferi is an ‘international terrorist,whatever that might be,who is armed with a neutron bomb that nestles in a necklace. He also dons several terrible disguises,one of which involves a huge wig and blackface. Raaz roams around with a couple of fellows. Hirjee does exactly what Im not sure.
Actually Im not sure of anything post watching ‘Mr Joe B. Carvalho other than wonder just how I sat through all of it. Mr Warsi,’hum se yeh kyon karvaya’?