Cast: Arshad Warsi,Soha Ali Khan,Jaaved Jafferi,Himani Shivpuri,Vijay Raaz,Shakti Kapoor,Vrijesh Hirjee
Director: Samir Tewari
The Indian Express Rating: ½ star
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ive been thinking of one nice thing to say about this film,which I suspect was made because its title can be read as ‘Jo Bhi Karvalo’. Funny much? Sadly,not at all.
Sad because I always have hopes of the very talented Arshad Warsi. Because he has delivered,in the past. But in this one,he is made to play a bumbling sleuth,saddled by a mommy ( Shivpuri) who wears polka dotted frocks and dark glasses and bumps into furniture,and a girl-friend ( Khan) who is a uniformed female- Dabangg-type cop but is also to be found in teeny bikinis and short frocks.
He is then dumped into a plot that that is so asinine that it leaves one speechless.
What can you say when you are faced with characters who make no sense,and speak only nonsense? Jafferi is an ‘international terrorist,whatever that might be,who is armed with a neutron bomb that nestles in a necklace. He also dons several terrible disguises,one of which involves a huge wig and blackface. Raaz roams around with a couple of fellows. Hirjee does exactly what Im not sure.
Actually Im not sure of anything post watching ‘Mr Joe B. Carvalho other than wonder just how I sat through all of it. Mr Warsi,’hum se yeh kyon karvaya’?