Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru movie cast: GV Prakash, Prakash Raj, Nikki Galrani, Anandhi
Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru movie director: M Rajesh
Music composer-turned-actor GV Prakash has come a long way from playing a clueless hero in last year’s horror-comedy Darling. Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru is his biggest release in terms of trade and has surely created a momentum for the young talent.
Prakash manages to hold the attention of the audience throughout the film, for which he has also scored the music. The romantic comedy is written and directed by filmmaker Rajesh, who has helped many upcoming heroes in Tamil taste their first major commercial success.
Kumaru (Prakash) sets out on a road trip to Pondicherry just two days before his wedding with Priya (Nikki Galrani) to celebrate the last few hours of his bachelor life. He takes his self-absorbed and reckless friend, Balaji (RJ Balaji) along with him who turns their fun trip into a nightmare.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The film switches between Kumaru’s present and past life. Previously, he was in a relationship with Nancy (Anandhi). Their love story faces a challenge because of Nancy’s father Michael Aasirvadham (MS Bhaskar), who asks Kumaru and his family to convert to Christianity before he would let his daughter marry him. Despite desperate measures, he fails to save his love and cannot convince Nancy to go against her father’s will. Later, he moves on with his life.
After a fun night in Pondicheery, Balaji loads the car with liquor bottles as they head back to Chennai. Kumaru gets to know this only when they get stopped by the cops at a checkpoint and things go out of control. The rest of the movie follows Kumaru’s struggle to reach Chennai with his troublemaker friend before his wedding.
Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru is filled with predictable and monotonous jokes. However, characters played by GV Prakash, Prakash Raj, Balaji , Robo Shankar and Singampuli makes the film watchable.
A spoof segment on a reality show that discusses family disputes and resolves them on television is the highlight of the film. The music is tolerable and the Locality Boys number is already a hit with the masses.
Overall, Rajesh has tried to milk his tried and tested formula to help Prakash win big at the box office. Given that this week there are no other options, you can give this romantic comedy a try. But, if you decide to sit this one out, don’t worry you are not missing out on a lot.