Cast: Adhyayan Suman, Ariyana Ayam, Deepti Naval, Shekhar Suman, Om Puri
Director: Shekhar Suman
The only reason to watch this one was to see what Shekhar Suman would do in his directorial debut. The performer who was a one-man comedy central on his hugely popular TV shows, who popularised stand up before it became such a hot proposition, and who spent some time with the beauteous Rekha in a hot tub (remember the young suitor in ‘Utsav’?), has come up with a film to rescue his son, Adhyayan, from oblivion. Paternally speaking, the reason is fine; the film is very far from.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
It is ostensibly made to alert viewers to an anesthesia glitch which propels patients into a state of awareness where they can feel pain and can hear everything, but are unable to say it. To get Addy ( Adhyayan) to that stage, where he is lying helpless upon a table, we have to go through a first half where we are introduced to his very wealthy mother ( Naval, the only good thing in the film), his girl friend ( Ayam)whose whose lashes are so spiked with mascara that you are afraid they will fall off, and a doctor friend ( Suman, trying desperately to look young) who will conduct the heart transplant operation needed to save Addy’s life.
The second half is a hoot. I’m sure it was not intended to be. If a real-life surgeon actually sees what happens in this make-believe operation theatre, I’m convinced he’d laugh his head off. He’s fibbing, he’s fibbing, exclaims Dr Trehan ( Puri, who seems to have wandered into the film wondering what he’s doing there), and you see a bunch of masked fellows rushing to resuscitate our hero, who is roaming around in his hospital gown gasping for breath. There’s a plot, and it needs unraveling.
They should have just let it be.
Follow shubhragupta on Twitter
Send your feedback on email@example.com