Cast: Adhyayan Suman, Ariyana Ayam, Deepti Naval, Shekhar Suman, Om Puri
Director: Shekhar Suman
The only reason to watch this one was to see what Shekhar Suman would do in his directorial debut. The performer who was a one-man comedy central on his hugely popular TV shows, who popularised stand up before it became such a hot proposition, and who spent some time with the beauteous Rekha in a hot tub (remember the young suitor in ‘Utsav’?), has come up with a film to rescue his son, Adhyayan, from oblivion. Paternally speaking, the reason is fine; the film is very far from.
It is ostensibly made to alert viewers to an anesthesia glitch which propels patients into a state of awareness where they can feel pain and can hear everything, but are unable to say it. To get Addy ( Adhyayan) to that stage, where he is lying helpless upon a table, we have to go through a first half where we are introduced to his very wealthy mother ( Naval, the only good thing in the film), his girl friend ( Ayam)whose whose lashes are so spiked with mascara that you are afraid they will fall off, and a doctor friend ( Suman, trying desperately to look young) who will conduct the heart transplant operation needed to save Addy’s life.
The second half is a hoot. I’m sure it was not intended to be. If a real-life surgeon actually sees what happens in this make-believe operation theatre, I’m convinced he’d laugh his head off. He’s fibbing, he’s fibbing, exclaims Dr Trehan ( Puri, who seems to have wandered into the film wondering what he’s doing there), and you see a bunch of masked fellows rushing to resuscitate our hero, who is roaming around in his hospital gown gasping for breath. There’s a plot, and it needs unraveling.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
They should have just let it be.
Follow shubhragupta on Twitter
Send your feedback on email@example.com