So here we are, with the third edition of ‘Hate Story’. The first and second had varying encounters of done-against-victims and aggressors locked into a rage-revenge saga, the former catapulting Bengali siren Paoli Dam into Bollywood, the latter giving Sushant Singh a chance to show his skills at terrorising young women.
This time around, two men circle each other over a prize. Wealthy businessman Aditya Dewan (Sharman Joshi) is all riled up when another richie-rich fella Saurav Singhania (Karan Singh Grover) makes him a lewd offer involving his, Aditya’s, luscious wife Siya (Zareen Khan). This point is stolen from a Hollywood movie, but never mind. Who cares about a bit of uncredited borrowing?
Which gives Karan Singh Grover a chance to run his eye up and down Zareen Khan, like the villains of yore, tongue lolling suggestively. I do not jest: this happens more than once. It tells us that Bollywood’s idea of an ‘erotic thriller’ is still stuck in some dark age template. The men gnash their teeth and growl. The women are all pneumatically curved out to there, allowing the camera to linger. There are bed bits with generous displays of slithering lingerie on chest-and-thigh, and surprisingly for a time when ‘boldness’ is being dealt with by archaic moral standards, lots of open mouth-and-tongue action.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
We also get a double-dealing female employee (Daisy Shah) who shuttles between the two rivals on killer stilletoes, a greedy politician, ‘karodon rupaiye ki rishwat’, a couple of unnatural deaths, warring brothers, and faithful factotums. And oh, yes, a bomb and a plane and an explosion.
Hate, sure. You can understand why someone would detest the person who wrongs them, though it’s hard to take a dialogue like “he’s a cunning vulgar rascal” seriously, and keep a straight face when even someone as competent as Joshi is spouting it.
But how about a story?
Star cast of Hate Story 3: Sharman Joshi, Zareen Khan, Karan Singh Grover, Daisy Shah, Priyanshu Chatterjee
Director : Vishal Pandya