The sequel of the 2012 ‘Hate Story’ gives us a new vengeful woman. She’s been wronged by, who else, a man. And she will stop at nothing to get back at him.
The high-point of ‘Hate Story’ was the sultry Bengali actress Paoli Dam. She stripped well, and wore her bare skin like a wounded badge of honour. And when she goes after her evil tormentor, we feel like egging her on, because we want to see him bite the dust. Because Dam channeled pain and anger with vigour.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
‘Hate Story 2’ has Surveen Chawla playing the woman-on-a-mission with visible effort but not as much impact. Sonika ( Chawla) is charmingly termed ‘rakhail’ by Mandar Mhatre ( Singh), and kept terrorised and shackled. She tries to break free, and to breathe easy in the company of nice guy Akshay ( Bhanushali), but everywhere she turns, she finds her obsessive captor.
We get the obligatory bed bits but the actors aren’t capable of raising too much steam. The action moves back and forth from Mumbai to Goa in a haphazard fashion, as the ground- to-the- dust Sonika swings into a `Kill Bill’ mode that stretches all credulity.
Singh is competent , but even he can’t do much with a plot that keeps him in repeat mode. Chawla shows occasional spark, but that’s not enough to front a full film. Even Sunny Leone’s pink lips, which she pouts most enticingly in a song, don’t do the trick.
(Follow Shubhra Gupta on Twitter
You can also send your feedback at email@example.com)