The sequel of the 2012 ‘Hate Story’ gives us a new vengeful woman. She’s been wronged by, who else, a man. And she will stop at nothing to get back at him.
The high-point of ‘Hate Story’ was the sultry Bengali actress Paoli Dam. She stripped well, and wore her bare skin like a wounded badge of honour. And when she goes after her evil tormentor, we feel like egging her on, because we want to see him bite the dust. Because Dam channeled pain and anger with vigour.
‘Hate Story 2’ has Surveen Chawla playing the woman-on-a-mission with visible effort but not as much impact. Sonika ( Chawla) is charmingly termed ‘rakhail’ by Mandar Mhatre ( Singh), and kept terrorised and shackled. She tries to break free, and to breathe easy in the company of nice guy Akshay ( Bhanushali), but everywhere she turns, she finds her obsessive captor.
We get the obligatory bed bits but the actors aren’t capable of raising too much steam. The action moves back and forth from Mumbai to Goa in a haphazard fashion, as the ground- to-the- dust Sonika swings into a `Kill Bill’ mode that stretches all credulity.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Singh is competent , but even he can’t do much with a plot that keeps him in repeat mode. Chawla shows occasional spark, but that’s not enough to front a full film. Even Sunny Leone’s pink lips, which she pouts most enticingly in a song, don’t do the trick.
(Follow Shubhra Gupta on Twitter
You can also send your feedback at email@example.com)