Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was rushed to hospital as she was struggling to breathe.
The actress celebrated her 99th birthday last week but just two days later she was taken unwell.
Her husband Frederic von Anhalt confirmed that she couldn’t breathe properly, and so her doctor was immediately summoned.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
When the care he administered failed to ease the problem, Gabor was taken to a hospital in Los Angeles where she was admitted. She is suffering from a lung infection caused by her feeding tube, and she will need to undergo surgery to have a breathing tube taken out.
This is the latest in a string of health problems which have effected the former screen star over the years. She has been hospitalised several times since breaking her hip in 2010 and in 2011 her right leg was amputated because of gangrene.
She was also admitted to hospital for high blood pressure after the death of her friend Dame Elizabeth Taylor the same year, and she has needed help because of issues with her feeding tubes in the past too.
Gabor has made over 30 movies, including Moulin Rouge, and is well known for greeting Hollywood stars with the endearment “darling” and for being married nine times. She started her career as a singer and was named Miss Hungary in 1936.
She has used a wheelchair since being partially paralysed in a car accident in 2002, and the star hasn’t been seen in public for several years.