Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was rushed to hospital as she was struggling to breathe.
The actress celebrated her 99th birthday last week but just two days later she was taken unwell.
Her husband Frederic von Anhalt confirmed that she couldn’t breathe properly, and so her doctor was immediately summoned.
When the care he administered failed to ease the problem, Gabor was taken to a hospital in Los Angeles where she was admitted. She is suffering from a lung infection caused by her feeding tube, and she will need to undergo surgery to have a breathing tube taken out.
This is the latest in a string of health problems which have effected the former screen star over the years. She has been hospitalised several times since breaking her hip in 2010 and in 2011 her right leg was amputated because of gangrene.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She was also admitted to hospital for high blood pressure after the death of her friend Dame Elizabeth Taylor the same year, and she has needed help because of issues with her feeding tubes in the past too.
Gabor has made over 30 movies, including Moulin Rouge, and is well known for greeting Hollywood stars with the endearment “darling” and for being married nine times. She started her career as a singer and was named Miss Hungary in 1936.
She has used a wheelchair since being partially paralysed in a car accident in 2002, and the star hasn’t been seen in public for several years.