Writer-director Woody Allen is responding to his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow’s allegations that he “sexually assaulted” her at the age of seven by penning a rebuttal.
The 78-year-old director has asked the New York Times, which published Dylan’s letter, if he can publish a response.
“They asked and we said, ‘Yes, send it in,'” Andrew Rosenthal, The Times’ editorial page editor, said of Allen to the NY Times’ public editor, Margaret Sullivan. Rosenthal said they agreed to publish the response as it is a personal matter.
“Normally, we don’t publish a direct response. In this case, it was so personal, we thought that we should.”
Dylan, 28, is the adopted daughter of Allen, 77, and his former partner Mia Farrow, 68.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Dylan was adopted by the couple with Moses in 1987, around the same time they had their biological child Ronan. Farrow, who broke up with Allen after coming to know about his affair with one of her adopted daughters – Soon-Yi Previn – from an earlier marriage, filed charges of molestation against Allen during their 1992 custody battle. The case was later dropped.
Farrow and Allen’s children, who remain estranged with Allen, have upped attack on Allen recently, taking pot shots at him during the Golden Globe and for his nominations at this
year’s Oscars for writing ‘Blue Jasmine’.