Writer-director Woody Allen is responding to his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow’s allegations that he “sexually assaulted” her at the age of seven by penning a rebuttal.
The 78-year-old director has asked the New York Times, which published Dylan’s letter, if he can publish a response.
“They asked and we said, ‘Yes, send it in,'” Andrew Rosenthal, The Times’ editorial page editor, said of Allen to the NY Times’ public editor, Margaret Sullivan. Rosenthal said they agreed to publish the response as it is a personal matter.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Normally, we don’t publish a direct response. In this case, it was so personal, we thought that we should.”
Dylan, 28, is the adopted daughter of Allen, 77, and his former partner Mia Farrow, 68.
Dylan was adopted by the couple with Moses in 1987, around the same time they had their biological child Ronan. Farrow, who broke up with Allen after coming to know about his affair with one of her adopted daughters – Soon-Yi Previn – from an earlier marriage, filed charges of molestation against Allen during their 1992 custody battle. The case was later dropped.
Farrow and Allen’s children, who remain estranged with Allen, have upped attack on Allen recently, taking pot shots at him during the Golden Globe and for his nominations at this
year’s Oscars for writing ‘Blue Jasmine’.