Actress Gal Gadot says her upcoming film Wonder Woman doesn’t give details about the sexuality of the character. Wonder Woman comic book writer Greg Rucka made headlines when he said his depiction of the iconic DC heroine is unequivocally queer — that is, she has had romantic and sexual relationships with other women on the paradise island of Themyscira.
However, the 31-year-old actress said the Amazon warrior loves people for their hearts, reported Variety. “It’s not something we’ve explored. It never came to the table, but when you talk theoretically about all the women on Themyscira and how many years she was there, then what (Rucka) said makes sense.
“In this movie she does not experience any bisexual relationships. But it’s not about that. She’s a woman who loves people for who they are. She can be bisexual. She loves people for their hearts,” the Israeli actress said. She also addressed the discussion on the necessity of having a female director for the film.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I don’t think it’s a gender kind of thing. I feel like Patty Jenkins was the right person for the movie because she was the right person for the movie. She knew exactly how she wanted to tell her story. She knew exactly what she wanted to get. She’s brilliant and smart and so passionate.”
Meanwhile, Wonder Woman comics writer Greg Rucka says that the superhuman of Themyscira island, Diana Prince, has had relationships with other women. The 46-year-old novelist said that Diana is “obviously” bisexual, reported Variety.
When asked about the sexual orientation of the popular fictional character of DC comics, Rucka said, “When you start to think about giving the concept of Themyscira its due, the answer is, ‘How can they not all be in same-sex relationships? Right? It makes no logical sense otherwise.”