Oscar-winning director Ang Lee, whose latest movie Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk is set in Iraq and the US, says war is like global warming and is pretty bad and a “messy situation” where “your heart aches” for the soldiers and the refugees.
“War is like global warming, it’s pretty bad, it’s a messy situation,” Lee, 62, said. The Life of Pi helmer said for his latest project, he researched from the perspective of the soldier as well as the people living in Iraq. He also interacted with those living in refugee camps.
“I feel bad for both of them. It’s a really messy situation, you choose between dictatorship and chaos. Those young soldiers serving there are trained to fight but are confronted with situations where they do not know what to do,” he said at an event, held in the city recently.
“It’s really messy, everybody gets messed up. People living those lives, it breaks your heart, your heart aches for them. The situation of the refugee is heartbreaking,” he said. Lee, known for cinematic masterpieces such as “Sense and Sensibility”, “Brokeback Mountain” and “Pi”, has used groundbreaking technology in his latest movie, which is based on the acclaimed bestselling novel by Ben Fountain.
The cast includes Vin Diesel, Chris Tucker, Steve Martin and Kristen Stewart. The story is told from the point of view of 19-year-old private Billy Lynn (played by newcomer Joe Alwyn) who, along with his fellow soldiers in Bravo Squad, becomes a hero after a harrowing Iraq battle and is brought home temporarily for a victory tour.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Through flashbacks, culminating at the spectacular halftime show of the Thanksgiving Day football game, the film reveals what really happened to the squad – contrasting the realities of the war with America’s perceptions. Sony Pictures Entertainment is releasing Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk in India on November 11.